Accountant / Financial Analyst | IFRS
Canadian biopharmaceutical company plans to expand its operations and open a branch in Portugal. For this, they are looking for a dynamic and motivated Accountant / Financial Analyst who will be responsible for the full accounts payable cycle, managing supplier accounts, payments, and reconciliation of invoices with purchase orders, as well as maintaining quality control over financial transactions, and various reporting.
The position is based in Lisbon / Portugal (work from home is possible) and will be communicating with team members located both in Canada and Portugal.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices received from vendors and confirm their internal approval according to the level of authority assigned;
- Record the invoices received on the accounting system, assuring they are properly coded;
- Prepare weekly accounts payable reports for approval;
- Process electronic payments to vendors, including facilitating any special handling;
- Maintain proper storage of accounts payable documents (invoices, statements, and others) by organizing, logging, scanning, and filing;
- Participate in the monthly reconciliation of VAT tax returns;
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing;
- Participating in the process of improvement of accounts payable procedures and controls;
- Assist with accruals and other miscellaneous journal entries as needed;
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed
- Prepare, analyze and reconcile specific vendors reports as needed
- Assist with other accounting tasks as assigned
- Degree in Business Administration, Accountant or related.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks
- IFRS experience (mandatory).
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills (English and Portuguese).
Only candidates with a work VISA in Portugal will be considered for this position.
Todas as candidaturas serão tratadas com a máxima confidencialidade.
Ao submeter a sua candidatura, está a autorizar o tratamento dos seus dados pessoais pela RHmais. Consulte a nossa política de privacidade.